Lasers have been used for many years to mark and engrave metal to achieve great results. Both soft metals like aluminum and hard metals like steel or hard alloys can be marked accurately, highly legibly and quickly using a laser engraving machine. Consistent, high quality results are guaranteed by using lasers for metal marking needs. Corrosion resistant markings by annealing on steel alloys offer many advantages for applications in business sectors such as medical technology and the automobile industry.
Suitable types of metal for laser marking
- Stainless steel
- hardened metals
- alloy steels
- high-speed steels
- anodized aluminum
- titanium, titanium alloys
- hard metals
- precious metals
- coated metals
Depending on your requirements metals can be engraved or marked.
Application examples made of metal
Laser application in marking metals are typicaly used for marking products with traceability features and codes. These applications can be found in the electronics and electrical industry, mechanical engineering and tool manufacturing, in sheet metal processing, medical technology, promotional materials, jewelry and in the automotive industry.
- Product labeling as an anti-counterfeiting measure,
- Functional labels such as size, diameter, etc.
- Production information, such as date of manufacture, batch number, serial number, etc.
- Traceability codes
- Data Matrix codes for quality assurance
- Customization of promotional and gift items made of metals,
- Data plates
Why should I buy a laser for laser marking metal?
Laser marking metal is an extremely precise and clean way to process metals with non-contact, permanent markings. Labels such as serial numbers, data matrix codes and logos can be applied to products and components with a high-resolution finish. Metal marking or engraving is created by the laser using a non-contact process that requires no pre- or post-processing. Markings produced by annealing serve as durable, acid, chemical and corrosion resistant labels that do not damage the metal surface.
Function and advantages of laser technology
- Cost-efficient production
- Marking takes seconds and allows greater output
- Permanent engravings
- Perfect marking results — fine tools
- Incredible design opportunities
- Non-contact and reliable material processing capabilities
- Product recommendations
If you are interested in fiber laser marking machine, pls send me message.