Over the years, laser marking has widely replaced several other conventional marking techniques in many industrial applications. Compared to traditional marking techniques such as ink jet printing and mechanical marking, laser marking guarantees durable results in less time, and at low cost. However, it is essential to partner with credible service providers who are experienced and possess the right laser engraving equipment in-house.
Today, several companies offer laser engraving services, making the selection process extremely difficult. This blog provides some valuable tips, following which you can make an informed decision.
Choose the Best after Assessing Capabilities
Today, most of the laser marking service providers conduct part of their business online. As such, a majority of the leading laser marking providers maintain a website, which is frequently updated with their service offerings. These websites can be the main source of information, helping you assess the capabilities of the laser marking service providers.
Shortlist a few service providers and compare their capabilities and kinds of services offered. Select one after assessing their abilities. You can ask the following questions to judge their competency:
For oversea customers, if you want to buy one machine from other country.Price is not the most important point. Machine quality and after-service is much more important than price.
You may find a very cheap machine in China market, but how about their machine quality and after-service? Once machine broken,whether they can offer you timely service and solve problem? If yes pls ask them send you some feedback of their regular clients, If no, we can give up this company right now. Even they give you very very low price, it is useless.
May be one time oversea maintenance charge will be higher than machine’s different price.
So pls ask them follows questions.
- Can you send me some feedback of your customer?
- Can you make both shallow and deep engravings?
- Can you mark linear barcodes and 2D data matrix symbols on metals and ceramics?
- Can you import artwork from a variety of CAD and graphic file formats?
- Can your laser marking systems be easily programed to engrave sequential serial numbers on plastic, rubber, and metals?
- Can you mark text, logo, and graphics around the external surfaces of cylinders and shafts, or other curved surfaces?
- Can you collect parts from our end, or should we deliver the item to your end?
- In case of any damage to the work piece, will you compensate for the loss?
- How much time do you take to return the laser engraved parts or products?
- Will you dispatch the item free of cost, or should we pay for shipping?
If you get satisfactory answers to all these queries, then you can be assured of the credibility of the service provider. However, do not limit your questions to the aforementioned points. Get all your questions answered prior to making a selection.
If you want to learn more on fiber laser marking machine, pls contact